Client Code Cookies - Reducing Cookie Size
Sensitivity around cookie size is an important consideration for all of us here at ForeSee. While we feel that the value provided by our Client Code, along with the usefulness of the information we collect within the cookie that is used for segmentation and troubleshooting, outweighs the size, there are some controls we can use to reduce the size of the ForeSee cookie.
You can make this request by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Client Code version 19.3.2
We can eliminate the following Default CPPs from being collected:
- terms – Search terms collected from the search engine that brought the visitor to the site.
- browser – The type of browser used by site visitor (name + version).
- os – The type of operating system used by site visitor (e.g., Windows, Mac).
- referrer – The domain of the referring URL, i.e., the page the visitor was on prior to coming to your site.
- site – Used to distinguish between multiple domains.
- code – The version of Client Code (recommend keeping this one).
- GA_ID – If you are using Google Analytics, we capture this ID for integration purposes.
- OTR_VID – If you are using Omniture, we capture this ID for integration purposes.
- OMTR_BEACON – If you are using Omniture we create and capture this ID for integration purposes.
Other articles in this section:
- Cookie Details
- Reducing Cookie Size (current article)