Legacy Trigger Code (<18x) - Implementing ForeSee for Web
Some of the pre-configured requirements are:
- When and where to present an invitation
- Where to prevent an invitation from appearing
- How frequently to present the invitation
- The look and feel of the invitation
This library may also contain logic to collect additional client specific data points that are available on the site to be passed along with the survey results through the use of Customer Passed Parameters (CPPs).
The basic implementation is simple:
- The client loads ForeSee files delivered in a
.zipfile to the web or content server.
- The client tests the code to ensure the survey functions as expected.
Things that may impact implementation and require additional effort:
- Separating Trigger Code by type
- Separating Trigger Code files by Environment
- Hosting the code from a third party domain
- Using a tag manager
- Changing sampling parameters
- Adding to the exclude list
- Adding new customer passed parameters
The most common implementation issues:
- Invite not displaying? Check the code, check cookies, check ‘files’ paths, and check pooling.
- Tracker frozen, survey is not presenting? Check ‘files’ paths.
- Text boxes are missing on the test page (
fsrtest.html)? Check ‘files’ paths.
- When in doubt please feel free to contact the implementation team.
Code is working but survey looks like it’s a placeholder? Survey is not completed or mapped yet.