There are a number of ways in which a site visitor can be invited to provide feedback on their experience. The pages in this section describe the Desktop and Mobile experiences in detail.
A respondent is randomly selected based on number of pages they have visited (loyalty factor) and the survey sampling percentage. Once selected, the respondent is presented with an invitation to take the survey. If the respondent accepts, they are presented with the survey.
There are several invitation options for the desktop or mobile devices. This guide describes the options and contains examples: Guide to Personalizing the Survey Invite.
There is also an option to create your own invitation.
The client code can be configured to "exclude" pages from presenting the invitation by using the following:
- URL pattern - Do not show the invitation if the URL contains '/checkout/'.
- Variable - Do not show the invitation if the page contains a variable called 'internalIP' with a value of '10.9.8.7'.
- Cookie - Do not show the invitation if there is a cookie called 'loggedIn' with a value of 'Yes'.
- userAgent - Do not show the invitation when the userAgent contains 'selenium'.
- Browser - Do not show the invitation on IE 10 browsers.
- Referring URL - Do not show the invitation if the site visitor comes from 'google.com'.
Typically we configure the re-invite period to be 90 days. However, this is configurable and may be different for those that accept, decline, or abandon the invitation:
- Accept- For those that accept the invitation the re-invite period is typically about 90 days. The invitation can be accepted by clicking "Yes, I'll give feedback" on an computer or by tapping "Text Me" or "Email Me" on a mobile device.
- Decline- For those that decline the invitation the re-invite period is typically about 90 days. The invitation can be declined by clicking "No, thanks" on a desktop. Shown by the red box on the image below. Note: There is no decline action for a mobile invite.
- Abandon- For those that abandon the invitation the re-invite period is typically about 90 days. The invitation can be abandoned on a computer by clicking the "x" in the top right corner of the survey invite, or by clicking out of the survey invite window. On a mobile device the survey can be abandoned by clicking the "x" in the top right corner of the invite. Shown by yellow box on the images below.
- Note: The Green Box shown on the mobile device below reloads the invite on the next page. It is not counted as an accept, decline, or abandon.